Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing #17

I found some of the podcasts to be very interesting. One that I can absolutely see being used in my classroom on a daily basis comes from The Word of the Day podcast. This podcast plays the correct pronunciation of the word. You can read the definition and sentences using the word. The only sound in the podcast is the pronunciation of the word. But, I think it is short, sweet and to the point. It would be great to use at the beginning of a class.

The other podcast I enjoyed is 60-Second Science. The podcast offers a short and sweet blurb about some current event or finding in science. Even though I don't teach a science class, I could still use this podcast as a way to inform my students of current events that will effect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment