Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing # 18

I like using YouTube. I had fun looking up videos. In my classes, we spend time discussing peer pressure and making smart life choices. I found some videos that show things students have done for projects to share their ideas on these topics. I think having my students make videos like this would be great!
When looking up "How to..." videos, I found a group of videos that really wouldn't be appropriate to show to students but it is great for teachers. I watched the "How to be Emo" video. It actually gives insight to the way these kids who classify themselves as "emo" behave. The actors in the video put a funny spin on it, but it gives you an idea. I'm sure they made this video to be funny and poke fun at the different teen cliques.


For fun, I looked up a few music videos on YouTube.

On TeacherTube, I looked up similar class content material as I did on YouTube. I seemed to find more informative videos done in a professional (or somewhat professional) way. I did find some very great videos I would want to show my students in regards to social skills and teen life.

No comments:

Post a Comment