Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #6

I have been following a blog from a former co-worker named Wes. He and his wife, Brandi, moved to Africa with the Peace Corps. I added their blog (Brandi and Wes in Africa) to my Google Reader so I can keep up with their journey. I love that I have the reader to keep all of my blog interests in one place.

I like how Google Reader shows the updated blogs in a bold format. It is very convenient for me to look, see what's new and catch up on what I've been missing.

Another blog I am following is Free Technology for Teachers. The blog offers links to free tools teachers can use with students. There is a link to strategy games that I am looking through to use with my students, especially during the first week of school.

Another reason I like the reader is that it keeps me grounded. When I ma looking at blog sites, it is so easy for me to get lost or go 3-4 sites deep. One link leads to another link, and so on and so on. By keeping these blogs of interest in the reader, I always have the starting point to go back to. I know where I began.

No comments:

Post a Comment