Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #4

In reading the different blogs, I found things I like and things I don’t like. The language of the blogs is very conversational. It seems very casual to me and not filled with “educational lingo.” I like it! It makes me feel like I am having a conversation with colleagues rather than sitting in a lecture. To me, this is like reading articles from magazines (editorials). Mark's Edtechblog posts an article where the students do silent reading of blogs every-once-in-awhile instead of reading straight from a book. I like how

I like that blog writing gives anyone the opportunity to express ideas. Granted, some do not need such a platform. But, those who use blogging as a way to share and offer different insights are helping others. With that in mind, no two blogs are going to be the same. Each of us expresses our ideas and thoughts differently. I expect that to come through in writing or journaling.

I find the blog, How to Prevent Another Leonardo da Vinci very influential. The blogger is sharing ideas that provoke thought in the readers. The ideas do make a lasting impression. The blog article also opens the door to further conversation on the topic. The comments added at the end offer just as much insight on the topic as the actual blog itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment