Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #21

I have dabbled in some of the tools Google has to offer. I set up my iGoogle page. I like being able to customize my google page with some of my favorite apps and widgets. I like how I can have a direct link to my gmail on my iGoogle page. It is very convenient.

I downloaded Google Earth. I have used that at school before. I like that I can look at different colleges and universities through Google Earth. I spend time with my students discussing their future in college. It would be great for them to have the opportunity to look around the campus this way rather than just viewing the campus website. This program offers a different viewpoint which is more engaging. The spinning of the earth to get to the next location is a little nauseating, though.

I found lesson plans for Google Earth. I plan to go back to those later to find things to do with my classes.

Google Labs is also very interesting. I had no idea that this even existed. I just looked over the first few pages of items in the lab. I will absolutely be going back for more research!

No comments:

Post a Comment