Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #8

I like the idea of using Wiki spaces in the classroom. My FAVORITE of the list we were given to explore is Code Blue. I like the idea of the information being written so that it keeps the attention of students. It is colorful and very interactive. I actually played on that site for quite some time. I especially found The Yucky and Cool Body Systems interesting. I learned a little too much about vomit from that site. It made me want to teach science, but only for a minute...

Every single wiki I visited was completely different than the last. There seem to be sooooo many uses for this and ways to do this!

The Thousands Project is also another amazing and unique idea. Once again, it is completely student centered and I really like the idea. It shows kids how powerful technology can be. It allows students to connect to others outside of their classroom. I think the goal of achieving at least 1,000 responses to the questions posted on the wiki is a very cool way to keep the students excited and interested in the project.

So, once again, I am amazed by this and excited to learn more. I would like to incorporate a wiki into my classroom experience. I can see my students posting their writings in a wiki and doing peer editing. I think it would be a productive tool with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment