Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #22

It is important to know about different social networking sites for a few reasons. You have to know what your students are talking about. It gives you "with-it-ness". Also, it doesn't hurt to be aware so you can protect yourself.

I do not like MySpace at all. I have looked at pages on myspace for certain bands and restaurants. It seems there is too much going on within each page. I see no educational use for myspace at all. I'm sure there is somewhere, but I don't want to explore that further. Not a fan...

However, I am on Facebook. It has been a great tool for connecting with colleagues, old friends and new friends. I don't really see myself using this in the classroom or connecting with students. But, I think there are definite possibilities for connecting with my peers who share similar interests and goals. I do like that I can befriend colleagues, especially new teachers. It is just another support system for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment