Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #20

There are so many possibilities for Google Docs. Here are some of my ideas of how I might use this:
  • Peer editing: My students could write their paper in Docs and share it with another student. The other student could make suggestions, revisions or corrections using a different font color.
  • Teacher committees and planning: We could use Docs to have others sign up for responsibilities on a committee or share ideas. If I had information to share with a group, I could post it on Docs, send it to my colleagues and have them respond.
  • Supply list planning: I could set up a supply list/order, share it with another teacher involved in ordering for our department and have them add to the list or change quantities.
  • My personal use: If I am typing a paper or proposal, I could type it as a Google Doc and save it. Then, if I was on a different computer, I could easily access it and continue working.
I like the ability to share items this way. It cuts down on the actual time teachers have to spend meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment