Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #5

I like having all of my blogs of interest in one location... Google Reader. It makes it very convenient to go in, check for updated blogs, read what I want and then be done with it. I can totally see how this would be useful in the classroom. I could set up a reader for my classes and let my students go through those particular blogs to find articles of interest or blogs related to our class topic.

One particular blog that I like is the one written by different high school students regarding future education, Students 2oh. I like the blog by Linda, a high school student applying to different colleges and the anxiety that goes along with that. I like seeing blogs like this created by other students. It becomes a support system for others. My students need to see such experiences through their peers. This blog provides an incredible insight to my students that I am not going to be able to provide (only because I am not a teen with the same experiences right now).

When I find more RSS feeds on topics of interest to me, I think this will be a very convenient way to stay informed and current.

No comments:

Post a Comment